Friday, May 15, 2009

UNEMPLOYED....

Today was the last day at work....It feels somehow strange....I feel as though I have left behind a part of me in those cubicles and corridors........It's actually strange....I had waited for this day since around one and a half years and when it finally came, I was feeling a bit of melancholy instead of absolute elation........Today I realized how much my team mates loved me....and how much they are actually going to miss me....I am pretty sure that my replacement will be more efficient and intelligent than me but efficiency and intelligence are not the only things that matter in a work place anyways........23 months have taught me a lot about corporate working styles and environments...........so different from college and home lives............I am actually happy that I got some work experience before MBA...........The quality of people I have met at IBM is simply awesome..........I still stand by my statement that IT takes in some of the best brains of the country and simply lets them waste and rot............I mean I know people in my team are so capable that they can do lots of better jobs with equal efficiency.........I got a farewell gift.........A Titan watch.......it is absolutely beautiful...............In many ways IBM will be special for me............It has given me a lot more than my bread and butter.........It has given me a place to sit, internet, time to study, money whenever I needed it, rocking team mates with whom I have spent many many happy moments together............and most of all it has given me the love of my life............had it not been for IBM, I would probably still have been lonely and alone............It has given nice exposure, varied kinds of people to interact, it has given me the required frustration that kept me motivated................It gave me friends and colleagues who have helped me in my work in ways that I can't even begin to explain.............It has given me nice, helpful managers who have never exactly harmed me or put me into any kind of trouble and have always been nice to me............I must say that the overall experience I gained at IBM has actually been too good...........I am writing this with a mix of sorrow, joy and hopes in my heart............I am sad because I will no longer be going to the place I had been frequenting daily.........will not be meeting the people I had been spending a third of my time with and will no longer be a part of those team outings, lunches etc...........But I am happy that I got what I wanted...........I am happy that I am moving on in life rather than getting stuck and I am happy that I am progressing in my career....I am happy that I am going to be a student again.......Hopes of a better job role, more responsibilities and of course more money are always there.............When I had come in to this project (which incidentally was my first and last project at IBM), I had decided that I will good and lovable.............I knew that I was not going to be here permanently.............So I had decided that after I leave, people should reminisce that "There was a guy Soumya Darshan Mishra who was a good person at heart..........." and should not say that "Thank God that guy is gone........He was a good-for-nothing fellow who did nothing for the team..........." ...........I am very happy and thankful that I have been very successful in achieving whatever I had planned to achieve at IBM..............Thank You IBM for all the wonderful days and memorable experiences...........Thank You team for giving me some of the best days of my life...............

No comments: