Saturday, December 29, 2007

THOUGHTS ON AN EARLY SATURDAY MORNING….

Well let me clarify that it is not typically an early morning……But nevertheless…….The fact that I am still lounging on the bed clearly justifies the fact isn’t it?????? Nasreen called up today morning…….A bit depressed as always about friends, people, old friends etc……….She had actually called up yesterday morning but we had not been able to talk thanks to her dying cell battery……..She had called me yesterday to wish me luck for the big IBM exam……..God, she is one caring friend…..and to think of it, I have been the most irresponsible of friends…….I forget to wish her on Id, her exam days although I know how much it means to her just because she considers me to be her lucky charm…….She is as good as possible a friend to me……….A friend who quietly stays by me never demanding anything……….just expecting me to do my duty………..which, pathetically, I don’t………And guess what……….She doesn’t even complain………….and to think of it, I have failed her in more than one occasions………..Sorry dearest…………I just want you to know that you really mean a lot to me………….. And yes the “test” of course went I don’t know whichever way…………Few sure answers in the sections for C, C++ and Java……….The verbal part, DI, DS etc. were good enough and lots of guess work in the other sections…………….I have long stopped caring about it though………although its glaring that nothing can be done now once the paper is out of my hands…………..I only feel relieved now that I can single-mindedly focus on my big task ahead……..They say that there is no shortcut to hard work……….And I had read something very good on Mrunmoy’s desk in the sophomore year at the college…………He said that his father had told him that………….It said………..”Self-imposed discipline is the best discipline around……”……You know what, my dad also says a lot many of good things………..I wish I could only follow it with my heart and soul just as Mrunmoy’s does………….Well, I have not been much guilty in that area though since I have been following my dad religiously (sigh…..finally) nowadays…………….and since the day he said me this, “Patience is the essence of life….”….,it has definitely become the mantra of my life………………..partially because of the fact that if I lose my patience now, I will lose my life……………..God, the T.V. is switched on and I think what crappy songs they write nowadays……………A lot of people have a lot of expectations on me and I don’t think I have any room for error…………Even Ma called up the other day and was shocked when she heard a mere mention that I was quitting the job just because I don’t like it……………She said how the entire village had their hopes high on me sure that I would keep up the good name of Rama Ballav Mishra………..my grandpa………..he definitely was a great man although I don’t think I have even vivid memories of him since my birth and his death were only a year apart……….But mom says he did love me a lot…………God please help me in fulfilling the dreams of my near and dear ones……….I had always imagined that if someone asks me what is the sole purpose of a man’s life………..I would definitely have said that to keep the people around him happy………..Anyways Bada had called up now………..It was and it always is good talking to him…………..I got to go now………to the shit hole called my work place……….

No comments: